These terms and conditions ("Contract") constitute a legally binding agreement between you ("User", "you" or "your") and Napkins Printed Ltd ("Napkins Printed", "we", "us" or "our") for your use of our website and for purchases of any products or services we provide. If you are entering into this Contract on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this Contract, in which case the terms "User", "you" or "your" shall refer to such entity. You may not access our website, use our services or place an order if you do not have the required authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of this Contract. You should check this Contract periodically for any changes we may have made since you last read it.
”Buyer” means the person who’s name is associated with the quotation, order or invoice.
“Goods” means the products or services which we provide in accordance with this Contract.
“Order” means your order for Goods.
”Writing” means email which clearly bears both the names and relevant business details of thesender and recipient.
“Website” means our website which can be accessed at www.napkinsprinted.com www.napkinsprinted.co.uk.
”Printed Graphic” means any logo, image, text or illustration which has been added to a napkin.
”Digital Content” means illustrations, templates, images, photographs, or other pictorial or graphicwork.
- These conditions shall take precedence over any terms and conditions appearing in any purchase order, order confirmation or other document. No variation to these conditions shall be considered binding unless agreed in Writing between authorised representatives of both you and Napkins Printed.
- Our employees are not authorised to make any representations with regard to Goods unless confirmed by us in Writing. In entering into the Contract, you acknowledge that you do not rely on any unconfirmed representations.
- Prices and specifications referenced in our quotations are for informational purposes only and are not binding until we have agreed upon all technical requirements and have accepted your Order.
- Quotations expire after 30 days of no order being placed, unless we have made an alternate agreement with you in Writing.
- The prices for Products shall be the price quoted by us to you or as otherwise agreed between both parties in Writing.
- We apply VAT to Orders with a delivery address within the United Kingdom. You are responsible for any additional taxes, duties or tariffs applicable in the territory to which the Goods are sent.
- We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment method and perform credit checks before accepting any order.
- By placing an Order, you confirm that:
- All details you have provided to us are correct.
- Your chosen method of payment is your property.
- Your chosen method of payment has sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the full cost of the Goods ordered.
- All Goods are offered for sale subject to availability.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reject any Order at any time without providing a reason as to why this decision was made.
- In opting to skip any part of the proofing process, you agree to indemnify us against any liability or expenses arising from any and all errors in the finished Goods.
- Once you have approved the proof document, we shall incur no liability for any errors which you didn't correct prior to approval.
- Due to a multitude of factors, including variance in computer monitors and manufacturing materials, it is impossible for us to provide illustrations or descriptions which accurately represent the Goods which we sell. Any illustrations or descriptions relating to the Goods we sell are therefore made by way of general description and are approximate only, forming no part of the Contract and having no contractual force.
- It is possible for napkins of the same or similar specification to vary in colour due to differences in manufacturing materials, among other factors. It will be deemed acceptable for the colour of napkins to vary within orders, between orders and between samples and orders.
- It is possible for napkins of the same or similar specification to have printed ink which varies in colour due to differences in manufacturing materials, among other factors. It will be deemed acceptable for the colour of printed ink on napkins to vary within orders, between orders and between samples and orders.
- It is possible for napkins of the same size and fold to vary in dimensions, due to differences in manufacturing materials. A variation of up to 8 millimeters in the dimensions of napkins will therefore be deemed acceptable.
- It is possible for napkins of the same specification to have Printed Graphics which vary in position due to differences in manufacturing materials, among other factors. A variation of up to 4 millimeters in the position of a Printed Graphic on Goods of the same specification will therefore be deemed acceptable.
- Although we aim to deliver the exact quantity of Goods ordered, it is possible that the quantity will not match what is listed on the order documents. It will be deemed acceptable for the quantity of delivered Goods to vary by up to 10%. Partial refunds can be given entirely at our discretion if there is a valid mismatch between the quantity delivered and the quantity ordered.
- Goods shall be delivered via regular postage or carrier to the delivery address shown on the order invoice. Goods will only be delivered to an alternate address if agreed in Writing at least one working day before the goods have been manufactured.
- Although we do our best to make sure that delivery dates are accurate, they are only estimates. Lead time is the approximate amount of time taken between you approving the proof document and the Goods being sent.
- Both lead time and delivery dates form no part of the Contract and have no contractual force. In no event shall we be held liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damage or expenses, howsoever arising from the early or delayed delivery of Goods.
- If you fail to take delivery of Goods, we shall be under no obligation to provide a refund and may charge reasonable costs for additional delivery or the storage of those undelivered Goods.
- On delivery, if you believe there to be a shortage, you must inspect the contents before accepting and signing for the delivery, making a note on the delivery acceptance paperwork or asking the courier / carrier to note it on their electronic acceptance device. You must also notify us in Writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the same day. Once the delivery has been signed for, it is deemed to have no shortages unless notified to both the courier and us upon receipt.
- If Goods look damaged or defective on delivery, you must inspect the contents before accepting and signing for the delivery, making a note on the delivery acceptance paperwork or asking the courier / carrier to note it on their electronic acceptance device. You must also notify us in Writing via email (email@example.com) the same day. Once the delivery has been signed for it is deemed to be undamaged and non-defective unless notified to both the courier and us upon receipt.
- We reserve the right to make delivery of the Goods by installment, in which case each installment will constitute a separate Contract. If there is damage, defect, shortage or other issues with one installment, you may not treat the sum of all installments as one Contract.
- The risk of loss of or damage to the Goods passes to you once delivery has been made.
- In alignment with UK legislation on returns and refunds, we will offer to refund or replace any Goods which have been confirmed to be faulty. To further clarify, we are unable to refund or replace delivered Goods which have not been confirmed to be faulty, as they have already been customised.
- You will be eligible for a refund if no Goods have been delivered within 28 days of the estimated delivery date. Please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your order if you believe this to be the case.
- If you wish to request a cancellation of your Order, send an email containing all relevant information to email@example.com as soon as possible. We may only be able to provide a partial refund, particularly if the manufacturing process has already begun, in order to cover costs incurred.
- If you are requested to return any Goods, they must arrive in their original packaging in an unused condition, along with proof of purchase.
- If you upload, submit, transfer or provide any Digital Content, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Digital Content, including the rights necessary for you to upload, submit, transfer or provide the Digital Content. You also, unless otherwise agreed in Writing, grant Napkins Printed the worldwide, perpetual and transferrable rights to use the Digital Content for marketing and sales purposes.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that your Digital Content is being used incorrectly.
- We will only be liable for short delivery where you have correctly notified us (in accordance with the conditions listed in section 7) and we have decided that the claim is valid. If we have deemed a claim to be valid, we may offer you a full (or partial) refund, or replacement Goods (partial or all).
- Any claim which arises from the performance or non-performance of our obligations with regard to this Contract shall not exceed, in total, the net purchase price of the Order or service. Liability should never include damages for loss of profits or revenue, increased costs of purchases or any consequential damages.
- In the event of strikes, industrial action, equipment or supply failure, government action, an Act of God or any other event we can not reasonably control, we will not be held liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damage or expenses which howsoever arise out of or in connection with these circumstances.
- Although we take reasonable steps to check our Website for infection by malicious code, we cannot guarantee that it will be free of infection or that it will be available at any particular time or location.
- In order to continually improve, we may make changes to our Website, products services and legal documents (including this Contract). If you are a repeat customer, we advise you to check all relevant information and documents for changes before placing Orders.
- Although we aim to be as accurate as possible, information on our Website may contain typographical errors or technical inaccuracies. We can not guarantee that content on our website is accurate, reliable, up-to-date, or free of errors.
- We do not endorse or take any responsibility for any content on websites external to us. It is your responsibility to take all necessary precautions to ensure security when following a hyperlink on our Website.